Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Skip auxiliary navigation (Press Enter).
Code of Conduct
Skip main navigation (Press Enter).
on this day
between these dates
Member Of The Year Award
Previous Board Members
General Membership Meetings
For Members Only
Find a Chapter Member
Chapter Member Advanced Search
Share a File
Post a Message
Invoice & Receipt
Renew My Membership
CFMA Suicide Prevention Summit
Apr 25, 2017 from 8:30 AM to 12:01 PM (ET)
Western Michigan, Grand Rapids, MI
- Create an Account Here
- In order to register online for an event you are
required to login
- If you need to create a user account please start the process below.
Forgot your password
- After your user account is created, you can "
" with your new login credentials.
- Please Agree to the Terms of Service after logging in to begin using the Connection Café.
Construction Industry Alliance for Suicide Prevention
Construction is the number one industry for number of suicides and the number two industry in suicide rates. As such, it is an industry imperative to shatter the mental health stigma and create caring cultures within our companies.
CFMA’s journey to promote awareness of mental health and suicide prevention has covered much ground since CFMA’s 2015 Annual Conference, thanks to the tireless efforts of Cal Beyer and Sally Spencer-Thomas. They have published nearly a dozen articles, the first of which appeared in the Nov/Dec 2015 issue of
CFMA Building Profits
, and spearheaded just as many presentations throughout the construction industry. April 2016 saw CFMA’s Valley of the Sun Chapter hosting the first regional summit on the topic, spurring on other CFMA Chapters to undertake similar initiatives.
To help focus these efforts, CFMA has established the Construction Industry Alliance for Suicide Prevention, with the goal of providing and disseminating information and resources for suicide prevention and mental health promotion in construction. Explore the beginnings of a movement to build a zero suicide industry here and in social media at #SuicidePreventionCFMA.
The Western Michigan chapter, along with the Lansing & Southwest Michigan chapters are co-sponsoring the CFMA Suicide Prevention Summit on April 25th at Pine Rest’s Postma Center.
This event is a ½ day seminar for CFM’s, HR, Safety & Risk Managers, CEO/Owners, PM’s and other field supervisors. This is a joint effort to raise awareness to an illness that strikes the Construction Industry more than most would realize.
- Understand the industry and workforce risk factors that make suicide risk a concern in construction
- Learn how to protect your workforce and their families by starting a dialogue on this topic.
- Hear what leading construction companies are doing to address this issue by incorporating mental health into safety and wellness programs.
- Learn about local community mental health resources and how to tap into these services.
- Develop an action plan to address this life-saving topic in your company.
Earn 4.0 CPE Credits
in the Field of Specialized Knowledge & Applications or Human Resources. This is a group-live program at the Basic level. No prerequisites or advanced preparation required.
To learn more, please visit the National CFMA chapter website.
Postma Center at Pine Rest
300 68th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49548
Download to Your Calendar
Western Michigan Chapter in Social Media:
Construction Financial Management Association
Western Michigan Chapter
Copyright © All rights reserved.
Powered by Higher Logic
Add a tag
User Tags may not contain the following characters: @ # $ & :